April 25: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly NOT Want To Read A Book– tell us all your book turn offs!
To be honest, I have never really thought about this topic too much, so it’ll be interesting to see what I come up with!
- Animal cruelty: need I explain more? I don’t think so.
- People on the cover: I’m just not attracted to people on the cover of books. I’d much rathe see some colorful squiggly lines than a person.
- No closure at the end of a book that doesn’t have a sequel: ugh! Like ties up all the loose ends! It’s not that hard!
- Changing POV without any warning!: I get so confused trying to figure out who’s talking. It makes me want to throw the book.
- Ditsy/Gullible female characters, especially MC: Enough said.
- Anything space/alien related: Just not my things. At all.
- Filler scenes: I just don’t need all the extra crap. I’d much rather read a book that is 100 pages and to the point than a 500 page book with filler scenes.
- Hardcovers: it’s not really a turn off, but I really dislike hardcovers. I will purposefully what for the paperback or just buy the kindle book before I will buy a hardcover!
- If a dog dies: NOPE! I can’t do it. Not for me. That includes movies too. I’d rather watch a person die than a dog.
- Hype: this isn’t always 100% true as I read THUG recently. But typically I will avoid a very hyped up book until most of the hype has passed. Idk why, I just do. Too many expectations I think.
So surprisingly I was able to think of 10 things that will turn me off of a book! I didn’t think I’d be able to think of that many, but here you go! That’s my list!
So what are some of your book turn offs? I’d love to know because I’m almost 1000% positive I forgot some! LOL